Friday, April 16, 2010

Determined??? Or Just Stupid???

I had a sudden inspiration yesterday. I decided the old oak dresser that had been in my mom's kitchen my whole life (stored pots, pans, tablecloths etc.) would be WONDERFUL for storage in my art room. Problem? The dresser was sitting in my basement and my art room is 2 floors up from there!! Of course I was home alone and I wanted it done NOW!!! So I just did it!! Took out all the drawers, flipped the dresser upside down and basically slid it up the 2 flights of stairs!!! I told my husband I had performed a super human feat!! He knows how I am---when I decide I want something done I am NOT going to wait until there is someone around to help me!! Not always a smart decision but the job does get done!! So now it's up there looking beautiful and antiquey(?) and nostalgic. The drawers have new shelf paper lining and I am ready to fill it up!! I just needed a better place to store my stash of large paper and things!! So my back is sore but my heart is happy!!!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Good for you, Robin. I'm glad it turned out ok and that you didn't wind up at the bottom of the stairs with the dresser on top of you.

Robin said...

Me too Audrey!!! I kept thinking if I fell backwards and landed on my "keester" with that dresser on top of me, there would be no way to get my cell phone out of my back pocket and it would probably be broken anyway!!!!!

Elena said...

BRAVO!! Don't you love that sense of accomplishment when you do something like that. It's like the urge to get it done gives you extra strength. And how special will that be to have a reminder of your mom with you as you create. Great idea!

Suz said...

Pictures!!!
I do the same thing.....
i can move a mountain if I want to
dresser..no problem....
Proud of you Robin!
Your mom is happy too!