Friday, February 27, 2015

Art With Heart

This is my most recent mandala-making effort. I made it specifically to donate to an auction to benefit the camp scholarship fund at The Center in Palos Park, IL. This is the third year that I have made something for their annual fundraiser and it's really a privilege to have the chance to help out by doing what I love! All of the money raised on this one evening will be used for scholarships for kids who wouldn't be able to go to camp otherwise. The Center is a most wonderful and unique place offering many programs in a wide variety of areas....everything from art classes to spirituality classes to a children's farm and nature based pre-school! And it seems very fitting that the woman who purchased this artwork is a member of the Sanders family----the family of the man who began to realize his dream of building a place like this over 75 years ago. She is going to give it to her grand-daughter whom I have been told is a really great person, goes to graduate school out in Wyoming and is studying Environmental Science. This all a bit synchronistic for me as I happen to LOVE Wyoming and I was once a college student studying Environmental Science! It all makes me feel as though this mandala is going to end up exactly where it is meant to be!

6 comments:

Uta said...

The Centre is a magic place. I feel blessed to have been able to visit.

Laura said...

Robin...breath taking...what a wonderful piece...

Unknown said...

I was wondering how the auction went. So neat your piece went to someone who seems as like-minded as you.

Robin said...

Thanks you three! I tried to reply to your comments when I was on my phone but they didn't seem to show up! Not sure what the deal was. Anyway....yes, the Center is magical, Uta! I'm glad you got to experience it!
Thank you so much Laura! I value your opinion!!
Bev, the auction went well! My piece didn't fetch as much money as last year but it's great to know it's going to someone who will appreciate and enjoy it! I love sending art out into the world and now I will have a piece in Wyoming!

Marjorie said...

Nice new work Robin! Love the colors.

Robin said...

Thank you Marge!