Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Murder!!!

I tried to suck you in with that title!! Did it work?!?!? Actually, I was just wondering if anyone likes reading murder mysteries as much as I do?? And who are your favorite authors?? I like everything from quaint Agatha Christie stories to the very gruesome Patricia Cornwell books. Other big favorites are Elizabeth George, Martha Grimes, P. D. James, Margaret Yorke, Dorothy Simpson.......I really like the Brits!!! But some of my favorites are getting old and dying so I need to find new ones to replace them. Can't believe I forgot my BIGGEST favorite--Nevada Barr. She writes National Park mysteries. I get lonesome for her main character, Anna Pigeon, when a new book hasn't come out for awhile!! Crazy, aren't I?!?!??!

3 comments:

Suz said...

I read Agatha Raisin...M.C. Beaton

Elena said...

I used to read alot of Mary Higgins Clark, Patricia Cornwell, and...hmmm...others which I've forgotten. I haven't read much of these in a while though. Shhhh...don't tell...but I'm trying to pursue art at the moment. HA!

april said...

Have you read any of "the Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter"? A friend told me about them , thought I would love them, and I have some and still trying to get around to reading them! "The Tale of Hill Top Farm", "The Tale of Holly How", "The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood", "The Tale of Hawthorn House" by Susan Wittig Albert. She has also written "China Bayles Mysteries" and others.